Auto Events, Shop Projects,Car Builds, Product Reviews
You remember Murphy? He is the guy who invented the rules. Crap happens!
I asked you to think about communications in Section 6.
You need to think about those things that can and do go sideways.
Travel companions must be included in your plan.
Who is competent in first aid?
Take a course. Average about $150.oo (Cdn) for First Aid/CPR
Do I have a first aid kit?
Check with St John Ambulance or the Red Cross or your local CAA / AAA
You do not need a kit that will make a paramedic jealous but, get a good one.
Evacuation Sounding Device: Aerosol Powered Horn or Truck horn
OUTDOOR Evacuation procedures shall be initiated by the Owner/Supervisor.
The person instigating the area evacuation shall sound the horn in three (3) sharp blasts, followed by a five second delay, then three (3) more sharp blasts. This shall be repeated several times to ensure that all on site have heard this signal. This person, having the site evacuated shall ensure that the proper rescue organization is notified.
Everyone is to muster at the pre-designated site upon hearing the evacuation signal and roll call will be taken
Emergency FIRE Procedure
If you discover FIRE or SMOKE:
If possible to put out the fire using a fire extinguish.
If after 15 seconds the fire is still burning, or now out of control initiate the emergency evacuation procedure and yell FIRE, FIRE, FIRE
Ensure all personnel in your work area is evacuating.
As soon as possible relay what information you know to Emergency Response member or the Fire Department.
ONLY trained personnel are to attempt fighting the fire.
Upon discovering a spill, determine if the spill is a threat to personal safety. If so evacuate the area immediately and initiate the evacuation procedure.
If safe to do so isolate the spill and if possible stop the source of the spill.
For small spills apply an absorbent material to the liquid.
Report the spill to the proper authority.
By properly reporting all collisions no matter how minor, you will protect yourself, the company, and the insurance company from unfair and unjust claims.
IN CASE OF COLLISION.
1. Immediately at the time of collision place warning signals and use four way flashers.
2. Determine extent of injuries.
3. Determine extent of damages.
4. Do not move vehicle until authorized to do so.
5. Call medical aid the police
6. Obtain name, address and the drivers license number of the other driver.
8. Obtain other vehicle license plate, registration and insurance information.
9. Obtain names and addresses of all witnesses. .
10. Obtain names and addresses of all people involved in collision.
11. Take pictures from all angles with company provided camera.
12. Obtain names and badge numbers of attending police officers.
13. Complete your collision report as soon as possible after the collision. Use the diagram on the collision report and add to it if you have to, note all particulars of the collision, even ones you do not think are important at the time.
14. Note traffic controls, speed limits, signs, and weather and traffic conditions.
15. Obtain clearance from police before leaving the collision scene.
16. When you are dealing with an adjuster always record their name and phone number correctly and fully.
17. DO NOT admit guilt or say it was your fault. DO NOT discuss a collision with anyone other than an authorized company representative. Speak only to the facts as you know them. .