2013-53rd Rod & Custom Show
The 53rd Draggins car show is full of exciting new wild customs, dazzling hot rods, beautiful antique and muscle car restorations, and outstanding club displays. A few examples of car show exhibits are:
– a ’27 Model T Ford fenderless roadster hot rod pickup with dual quad carburation on a Chevrolet V8 engine and a custom interior
– a ‘28 Model A Ford 5 window coupe custom pickup with an early 315 semi hemi engine with three deuces, no hood, a custom grill and motorcycle fenders
– a ’53 Volkswagen single cab flat deck truck that’s been lowered, stroked and bored with fold down sides and painted in Volkswagen Blue
– an absolutely stunning ’58 Mercury Park Lane with an incredibly chromed and detailed 430 cubic inch Super Marauder engine with three deuce carburetion with a custom Black and Pink paint job inside and out.
– a very rare ’72 AMC Javelin SST Pierre Cardin Edition with unique designer finishes
– a wild custom 2000 Harley Davidson drag bike with an aerodynamic front faring, an outrageously huge and detailed engine, wild flamed paint and loaded with custom chrome.
The extremely popular “Battle of the Automotive Technicians” returns featuring teams of two attempting to assemble a V8 engine as quickly as possible.
The Saskatoon Modelers Association will be holding a model car contest. They will also have clowns mime the process of model car building using a full sized Corvette.